Monday, May 10, 2010

Its a brick... May 6

Normally today would be an off day as it the Thursday before a Saturday race, but I have some catching up to do...and some stuff to work through or forget about for a little while.

90 minute ride followed by a 30 minute run...not sure if it was supposed to be a brick, but that's what I needed. Rode hills out in Caledonia and it was fantastic. Sean, you would have loved this ride. Country roads with wide, smooth shoulders. Flat enough to be fast and hilly enough to be interesting with enough wind to keep you honest. Averaged a little over 17 mph for this challenging ride and am happy with that. Know that I must push myself as the bike leg is going to take a lot out of me in Peterborough.

Run off the bike...changed shorts and shoes at my brothers house and headed back out. Slowly. Sluggishly. Actually looked down at my legs to make sure they were still moving forward. May have scolded them. Took about 5 minutes for them to adjust to running and I realized that this was my first actual, honest brick workout. Settled into a rhythm and got through the 30 minutes. Feeling pleasantly exhausted...and maybe a little hungry. Nutrition has been lacking the last week...no appetite. Too tired now to think of anything but home and hanging out with Lea. Thanks for the grapefruit chica :)

It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.
--Seneca

Jamie

1 comment: