Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Whole 90?

I have been struggling with how to make this post. It's going to be a long one, but I don't want the message to get lost in it...
As many of you know, I did Whole 30 in January. It was amazing and confirmed, for me, that I am addicted to sugar. I felt so incredible removing the things from my diet that made me feel less than stellar. Bloat gone. Belly happy. Aches and pains disappeared. Skin clean and bright. Energy was steady and I wasn't tired through the day. I recommend this program to everyone!
And then, I recommend you NOT do what I did. I felt deprived while I did the program. I still had my head in the space of wanting those foods I had chosen to eliminate. So, I went on a bender. For 3 days, nothing was off limits. Let me just say that this 100% negates all the benefits of doing Whole 30. And my body reacted. Violently.
I woke up yesterday with aches everywhere from my fingers to my toes. Inflammation was running rampant in response to all the garbage I had put into my system. Me and inflammation don't get along. Like at all. I'm gonna go ahead and say that's probably the case for everyone, but with my Crohn's it's a nightmare. You might recall my plea for help for the excruciating pain in my bunion. The one that required a cortisone shot? Yeah, I totally brought that on myself.
This is by no means a "Poor me" post. I really just wanted to be completely transparent and share that we all fall off the wagon and also, how powerful the food you put into your body is. I'm actually grateful that my body responded so violently because it eliminated any question as to why I felt the way I did, and still do. It's going to take longer than 3 days to undo the damage. So here's to Whole 30/60/90 whatever it takes. It's going to be hard. But fact of the matter is, healthy feels better than any of that tasted. Honestly though, the biggest motivation is the time I lost out with Ains. No rough housing, no running around, no hearing her squeal with delight when I swoop her up over my shoulder. Nothing is worth missing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment