Friday, April 16, 2010

Swim N Run on Day 11 April 8

This is the last day of an 11 day stretch and I am tired...

Honestly don't remember much about this workout, oops. Long repeats are newer for me but they are a big help mentally. I really have to concentrate when I swim or I get lazy. I have to think about the long reach, the big pull and the strong kick. And I have to think about it the whole time so long repeats keep me focused longer.

AM- swim session: 200 swim, 200 pull, 200 drill, 200 swim warmup
5 x 300m on 6:40; this should be enough rest for you. See how it goes. 3 x 100 pull
cooldown, 200m.

Had no trouble hitting the splits and had plenty of rest so will have to cut the time down next time I do this workout.

PM- 1hour run with 4-6x 30second pickups to 10k effort.

Not sure if I legitimately forgot about the pick ups or if my brain was protecting my exhausted body, but I didn't do them. Just over an hour run at a super comfortable pace. I made it to the end of this stretch of training and I am happy with that.

"Thank God, it's over."
Neil Cusack, 1974 marathon winner

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment