Friday, April 9, 2010

Hills...just float March 31

Will always think of Sean and the day we ran hills in Calgary when I do hill workouts. He is crazy good on hills and will always be faster than me so I get his encouragement at the end of the hill. My last one he said, "Just float." It stuck and now gets me through when I'd rather give up.

Did 5 x 2:00 hills outside in the wind. By wind I mean huge gusts in my face going up the hill and rushing my recovery going down the hill. Seriously? Just a little love? At least the sun was shining and there was almost no traffic on the road.

Splits were:
2:01, 2:00, 2:03, 2:02 and 1:58.
Total run was about 6.5 miles over an hour. Did I mention it was gorgeous out?

If the hill has its own name, then its probably a pretty tough hill - Mary Stern

Happy running,

Jamie

1 comment: